“Prose is how I think. Poetry is how I breathe.”
I’m pleased to share recent publications:
- “Tea House of the Texas Moon” appears in Bearing the Mask: Southwestern Persona Poems (Dos Gatos Press).
- “Grackles” appears in Texas Poetry Calendar 2017 (Dos Gatos Press).
- “Walking the River’s Edge” was published in the San Antonio Express-News (May 8, 2016).
- “My Son Moves to San Antonio” was displayed on city buses during April 2016, VIA on the Move.
- “To a Live Oak” and “The River Sings” were included in San Antonio Poet Laureate Laurie Ann Guerrero’s signature project, Love Songs to San Antonio in February 2016
- My illustrations grace Sarah Bracey White’s engaging Wanderlust: A South Carolina Folk Tale (to order, email Bracey0114@aol.com.
Book Reviews & Interviews:
I love to put the spotlight on others.
- My review of poet Ann Cefola’s Face Painting in the Dark appeared in First Literary Review-East
- My review of Diane Lockward’s The Crafty Poet: A Portable Workshop in Writers’ Relief.
- My interview with poet Kevin Pilkington in the Valparaiso Poetry Review
And I appreciate reviews of my work by others.
- Tina Tocco’s review of my chapbook, Archeology (Flutter Press) appeared in First Literary Review-East.